Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Depression Era Challenge Update

I have spent this week visiting people in real life, including my aunt who I haven't seen since last summer. I spent the night with my daughter, and she and I drove and had a nice long visit with my aunt. Then I drove my daughter home, and spent the afternoon with my mother.

My mom is teaching me how to sew. I have never had much patience for it, but I found the cutest pattern and want a million of these dresses. It's the dottie angel pattern by Simplicity. It's a little overwhelming, but has gone pretty quickly with her guidance. I'll post photos when it's done. Then I'll start my next one. I guess that's my new skill. I also got a neat tutorial for an upcycled frock made out of men's shirts which looks a LOT easier to make.

I can sew simple things on my own, bags, and stuff. But I don't know when I last sewed my own clothes. I am using linen and cotton and it will cost a fortune. But should last a good long time. And it is a very cute little frock. As usual I am about ten years behind the trend, but I don't care.

So, that's an update for now. I like this little challenge. it is pretty chill, but it gets me thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment